Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Hump Day

Well we made it. Half way through the week. After today, it should be smooth sailing to the weekend. I've consistently worked out 3 days in a row (yeah me!). And better yet, I only ate 1 of mom's cookies yesterday. Christmas is still up, it didn't take itself down like I had hoped. Maybe we'll get the energy to tackle tonight. Dennis wasn't feeling well last evening so he was in bed from about 6:30 to 8 while I watched "Eagle Eye" with Shia. Ok movie, hard to follow, unclear of the end game until - the end. Oh well. It was $1.08 at Redbox, providing I remember to take it back on my way to work this morning.

I was very efficient last night (after the movie and my nap) and made salads for lunch for both today and tomorrow and set up the coffee to brew at 5:20. This doesn't happen often, usually I'm hurrying in the morning to make lunch and brew coffee before Dennis heads out the door around 5:30 or 5:40. It was a nice feeling to hit the snooze without guilt this morning! The dogs appreciated it too.

CostCo has a great deal on a 500 GB external hard drive if you are in the market. With a $30 off coupon, it was $129.95. It's small and comes with a handy carrying case. With us taking the laptop in the motor home with us, I wanted to have something that I could take back and forth between the two computers so that we would always have our pictures - and have a back of them. It's made by Western Digital and is called "My Passport Elite". I highly recommend it based on price and capacity alone as I've done a lot of research on these things.

I talked to my sister-in-law Diane last night. She's in the hospital with a bad kidney infection. She's had lots of problems lately including kidney stones, abdominal surgery and now this. Hopefully she can get over this and get on the road to full recovery. She seemed in good spirits.

Dennis' mom is in a rehab center following her broken leg on Christmas Day and subsequent surgery surgery on the 28th. She's struggling to understand why she can't go home to her apartment. She will once she's able to get around by herself and heals from the surgery. Poor thing. It's really difficult for her. Keep her in your prayers.

That's all for now. It's time for some breakfast, a shower, then it's off to work. Have a great Wednesday, anyone who is watching!

2 comments:

  1. If you are ever interested in borrowing a DVD, we have over 500 of them. We try to keep up to date. But we usually wait to purchase them previously viewed. And we don't charge late fees! :)

    ReplyDelete