Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back from Ohio


Well, I made it. I'm back! It was a very fun trip and a long journey home, but I am back in Arizona. I really missed Dennis and the boys. It's good to be home.


I left Arizona at 11pm Thursday and flew to Atlanta, then Dayton. I got there about 45 minutes late. My sister, brother in law and brother picked me up for the airport and we headed north towards Toledo. We stopped in BG to get some Myles Pizza and had lunch at my other sister's house with my 3rd sister, nieces and nephew. Yummy! It was then time to get food ready for the gathering at George's house. We had a very nice cookout there with lots of food and wine. I was up until about 1am Ohio time (that's nearly 36 hours since I got up at 5am AZ time on Wednesday).

Friday it was lunch with some of Kate's former co-workers, then a road trip to Williams County to our parents' house. We had a nice dinner/party with my mom's family Friday night, complete with lots of good food and wine. Seeing a pattern here?

Saturday was wedding day. The ceremony was at 2 followed by the reception starting at 5. We had all made reservations at the hotel where the reception was held, so we went there (after a pit stop at Sonic) to get checked in. Even though we had 2 designated drivers, it was still easier to just stay there. It was a great time, and I now have a new favorite song (Crazy b*tch by Buck Cherry). It's not for the faint of heart!

Sunday morning, we all went for breakfast at the Four Seasons diner across from the hotel in Montpelier. It was yummy!! We all then went to mom's house to hang out for a few hours until it was time to head to our destinations. Kate, Brian, Aaron and I headed to Cincinnati about 4 after Lyn, RJ and Lylah headed to Toledo about 3:30. We stopped in Dayton to have dinner at Fricker's, then went to Graeters for ice cream. We got back to Kate & Brian's about 9:30. After getting settled in and ready for my 3am wake up call, I finally went to bed at 11pm.

At 12:55 am, my phone rang. It was AirTran calling to tell me my 5:50am flight from Dayton to Atlanta was cancelled and they had put me on a 2:38pm flight that got to Phoenix at 10:05 pm (12 hours late!!). After I regained my composer (at least I didn't get hung up on) I investigated my travel insurance that I had the foresight to purchase when I bought my ticket. Turns out I could get some reimbursed for at least part of the cost of another plane ticket on a different airline. After much research, I decided to fly on US Airways out of Columbus which got me to Phoenix at 9am (90 minutes earlier than AirTran would have got me there). Aaron picked me up at 4:30, and we headed to Columbus. It was a good flight and arrived early. I made it to work by about 9:30.

I went to my orthopedic surgeon for the follow up after getting my MRI films before leaving Wednesday. The diagnosis: torn meniscus (aka cartilage). I have arthroscopy scheduled for 8/19 to have it fixed. I had the same surgery on the other knee 4 1/2 years ago, so I know what to expect. It's not pleasant but it's also not the worst thing in the world. I just want to get rid of the pain.

I got a good 7 1/2 hours sleep yesterday and now I feel as good as new! I just got back from CostCo and dinner is in the microwave. I'll blog more later this week with an update on the motor home. I hope everyone has a great week!!

Picture: Uncle Bill, Aunt Marie, Aunt Pat, Grandma, Dad, Aunt Sue, Aunt Karen. This is my dad's siblings along with my Grandma. How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment