Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hump Day Update

It's Wednesday already. Wow, this week is flying!

We had a fantastic weekend camping. We left home about 3 with Dennis driving the motor home (got it fixed Friday morning - YEAH!) and me and the boys in the car driving behind. We got to Clint's Well a little after 5, after stopping at Mustang to fill up with gas. The weather was glorious! It was 77 when we arrived. We grilled and watched some TV. It got a little chilly overnight, the boys were snuggled into the covers by morning! Saturday after getting up the 2nd time (first time at 5:00 at the request of the boys), I made us some eggs and Dennis made coffee. We went for a buggy ride. It was so calm and quiet in the forest. Dennis went hunting for geodes. He found a few cool ones. When we got back to camp, we gave the boys a rinse in the shower, and I took a shower.

Saturday afternoon, we spent a great deal of time outside on the "patio" enjoying the weather. It was so nice - about 83 degrees. We had perfect shade from the forest, then our awning until sunset. We grilled for dinner, then watched a movie. By the time the movie was over (Step Brothers), it was almost time to go to bed. It was a VERY relaxing day! Sunday, we got packed up and put the buggy and motor home in storage. We left camp a little after 11 and got home just before 1. What a great weekend!

Sunday after we got home from camping, I went bowling with a Wells Fargo group. Only one person showed up. Fortunately, he brought 2 friends so the 4 of us had a great time bowling. It was great to meet some new friends.

Monday was fairly uneventful, except that I got all the way to work and realized I had left my laptop at home. I stopped in my bosses office to let her know I had to go home to get it. We started talking about things going on, and an hour later, I finally went home to get my laptop!

Tuesday I got new tires put on my car. Now I need to go to Honda to get them to do an alignment on my car. It was their car's fault that the tires went bad so quickly (less than 20,000 miles). They fixed the problem that wrecked the tires but wouldn't replace the tires. Now they need to give me a free alignment so that the steering wheel isn't 5 degrees left of center. Drives me nuts!

Wednesday Dennis and I carpooled, so we got to the office at 6:40. I had computer problems, and didn't get logged in until 7:15. So much for getting in early! It was a productive day, and we left about 4. We had a scrumptious dinner, then watched some MMA on VS, I farmed on Farm Town, and we'll be heading to bed shortly. Tomorrow, we're carpooling again. Friday, we'll see!

Pictures of our camp site.

No comments:

Post a Comment