Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday - the end of the week or the beginning?

I guess it depends on your point of view. For me, it's kind of both. I'm excited about this week because I get to go to Ohio to see friends and family. I haven't seen most of them since November. I'm really looking forward to it!

I've written a few articles this week. If you haven't already, please check out my Examiner web page. Please subscribe to e-mail and keep up to date on what I'm writing. I'm working on my next article now and hope to post it by Monday night. It's going to be a good one!! Here's the web site:

http://www.examiner.com/x-16754-Phoenix-RV-Lifestyle-Examiner

This was a nice weekend. Friday, we went down to Ron & Marilyn's for our final Friday night drinking at their kitchen table. I know this because they sold their table and chairs today. If only that table could talk!!! It was an enjoyable evening.

Saturday, we didn't have much to do around the house. We both did such a great job keeping the house picked up this week that we didn't have to spend all day cleaning! It was very nice! We contemplated going out to look for Jeeps (we want one to flat tow behind the motor home) but Jeremy and Brandon did all of the work for us! Well, Dennis did talk to our Salesperson at Power Dodge about a couple that she had, but we decided not to go look at them because they weren't what we are looking for. Saturday late afternoon, we headed out to Litchfield park to our friends Ron & Bob's house for a cookout. We had cocktails and appetizers with some pool time, then some fabulous burgers and brats. It was ice cream sundae bar for dessert. YUMMY! And the company and hospitality was even better than the very tasty food! We were home by 10, I was falling asleep on the way home. Fortunately I wasn't driving!

Today has been relaxing as well. We had coffee, then about 11:30, I decided to make pancakes after reading Facebook updates from a couple of friends who were making pancakes. I was inspired. They were very good! The rest of the day was spent feeding the laundry machine. I washed and dried and Dennis folded. I put everything away after the folding was done. We can start the week with clean clothes and towels. This afternoon, Marilyn called me to come get the knives from their motor home that she gave us. Taylor and her sweet adorable Chihuahua Terrier mix came while I was there. I think our boys would really like her!!

Tonight it was pizza and wings for dinner. I cleaned up the kitchen, got the coffee pot ready for morning, and watered the trees outside. I almost got in the pool but it got dark and it feels like a storm is rolling in. I'd hate to be zapped by lightning in the pool! We watched our 2 favorite shows this evening - True Blood and Hung. Both excellent shows on HBO. You can catch up on Hung as they are playing all 3 episodes this week. It's on at 10pm EDT on Sundays (7pm for those of us in AZ). This is Season 2 of True Blood, so you'd have to buy the first season on DVD to catch up!

I am going to the doctor tomorrow to have my knee checked out. It's the one I injured in 1987 while I was a Senior in High School. I've had a lot of pain recently and have put up with it long enough. My PCP referred me to the same ortho practice that did my surgery on my other knee in 2004. I hope it's easily fixable! Tuesday Bullseye comes back out to look at the motor home and do more troubleshooting on the jacks - and hopefully can order the part to fix it. We want to leave town 7/31 and leave the motor home up North for the rest of summer. Fingers crossed!

Wednesday I'm off to Ohio. Dennis gets to stay home and watch the doggies. And I might actually get some sleep! :-) I hope everyone has a great week and watch for my Examiner article Monday night or Tuesday. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment