Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday afternoon

It was a quiet week once the Willingers left. The dogs mostly just paced the house looking for Lylah. They were extra happy to see me every evening. Thursday they were crated from 4:30 pm to 10pm and when we got home to let them out, they were so rambunctious! Then we went to bed! Poor boys didn't know what to do.

Friday, they got to go play in Ron & Marilyn's back yard. They love their yard. So much grass and unobstructed open space! Makes me wish we didn't have the pool so they could do the same in our back yard. We met Marilyn's cousin Kathi and her husband Dale. They're from upper Michigan (bottom of the middle finger nail for those of you inclined to hold up your left hand to point to a location in Michigan). They were a hoot. By the time I got there at 5:30, they'd already been drinking for several hours.

We played Flipover Cards, which was a fun game played with some cards, some quarters and some dice. Dennis won some cash at the end when we switched to L-C-R for quarters. There were 7 of us playing, putting in 3 quarters each, and he won 3 pots. He made back what we had "invested" plus a little. For dinner, Marilyn and Ron made a fabulous Prime Rib. It was stuffed with garlic cloves and marinated in Olive Oil. It was fabulous. We also had baked potatoes. Dennis and I were "full" and tired about 10 so we took the dogs and went home.

Today, we watched a movie, then he went outside to wash the buggies, the camping rugs from when we went to Pio Pico, and the front driveway - all with the power sprayer. The dogs were out with him for a while, then I brought them in for some water. I was busy working on tax stuff so that I can drop off the Vendzila LLC stuff to the accountant. I still have to work on the expenses for the Toledo house and once I get the Vendzila stuff back, put that into both of our returns. Then we're ready to file!

I'm leaving for Dallas tomorrow morning to do some more work for ANTHiLL Events. It's one of my favorite things to do. I sure wish it was lucrative enough to quit my day job! I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and a great week. I'll blog when I get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment