Sunday, February 15, 2009

Relaxing Sunday




Yesterday, Lyn & RJ, Dennis and I took our two buggies for a stroll. Ron & Marilyn came as well. We had to find a way to get through the fence, as the way we've been going was sealed up with a fence repair. We met another couple who had a Polaris Ranger 6 seater. Turns out they won it from the radio. They joined us as we finally found a gate that wasn't posted with "No Trespassing" signs, and went through.

We found some fantastic hills - old and new. This was the first time taking our Joyner out as we've mostly taken the Polaris since we got it. Unfortunately, the Joyner doesn't do hills very well - probably because it's a stick shift and is very heavy. Dennis and RJ got into some trouble trying to climb one hill. When they tried to back down, they got into a worse situation. Me and Randy, the guy we met, had to help RJ hold down the right side of the Joyner so that Dennis could put it in neutral and back it down the hill, out of the ravine that it was tilting into. It was a little scary! RJ wanted out of the buggy, but I yelled "don't get out" several times. If he would have, it could have rolled over on top of Dennis! Not good! We had a LOT of fun and relaxed a little in between climbs.

It's been a great Sunday. I slept in for a change. Lyn, RJ, Lylah and I went to Paradise Bakery for lunch a little afternoon. We then went to BevMo to buy some grape juice. Then a quest to find a mailbox for them to mail invitations for Lylah's 1st birthday party. Since we were in the neighborhood, we went to Thunderbird Park and took a walk. It was a nice, overcast day.

We got home and they left to go visit a friend in Avondale, so it's just us and the boys at home now. Dennis' fixing some turkey leftovers and I'm trying to get over my stomach ache. I'm not sure if it's something I ate for lunch or what. I'm starting to feel a little better but can't fathom consuming food right now!

I'm tinkering on the computer, uploading pictures from our trip to San Diego last weekend. I'm going to try to figure out how to link to a Picasa Album when I'm done blogging. Look for it if you are visiting. I am putting a picture of Lylah sitting on the patio at Paradise Bakery. It was truly paradise out there today! Happy Sunday!

1 comment: