Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday in the forest

It's Saturday afternoon and we had a great ride in the forest.  Dennis and I ventured out with the dogs about noon.  We took a forest road that went all the way to an incredible canyon.  As far as I can tell from the map, it's Jack's Canyon.  It was incredible.  I'm posting a Picasa album of some photos we took while up there.  On the way back, we ran into a killer storm.  We drove right into it.  Heavy rain, hail, thunder, lightning.  We stopped and got out the rain ponchos and covered the dogs with their towel.  A couple of times, we stopped to take it all in.  We tried to take pictures of the hail but they didn't turn out too well.  It was pea sized, nothing major.  Before we got on the highway for the short trip back to camp (<1 mile), we stopped to wait for the rain to let up.  It didn't, so we just went for it.  I have to admit the rain hurt a little! 

We got back a little after 2, and I've been cooking and uploading photos ever since.  I hope everyone has a great rest of your weekend!

Picture:  Me with the dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment